The perfect location to install your faucets will be determined by many circumstances. Some of the most prominent are listed below:
- The design and positioning of your sink, bathtub or shower enclosure where the faucet is to be fitted.
- Whether your chosen faucet incorporates a freestanding, deck-mounted or wall-mounted design.
- Where your existing plumbing and pipework is situated. This is to ensure the faucet will operate properly.
- The size and shape of the faucet or faucets, and how many separate handles accompany it or them.
- The overall layout of the room. This will likely play a large part in dictating which type of faucet you’ll opt for anyway.
Don’t rush your decision. We know home improvements are a big deal and it’s exciting to upgrade your bathroom or kitchen faucets. Try to resist the temptation to dive straight in and rush the job, though.
You need to be 100 per cent confident that your faucet installation is spot on. Pay particular attention to looks, usability, convenience and accessibility. What’s the point having the best-looking faucet in the land if you can’t get the very best out of it?
You want the perfect accompaniment to expensive investments such as bathtubs. And if you need any help in selecting these components specifically, then be sure to take a look at our Ultimate Guide to Freestanding Tubs.
Think about the surrounding space before you begin the installation of your faucet. Are you painting or re-tiling the wall by your sink as part of a bigger room revamp? Do it before you fit your faucets!
And if you have existing pipework or plumbing that you don’t want to move, taking accurate measurements now will make life much easier. You should record the distance between this and your existing faucet. You can then complete a relatively straightforward swap when the time is right.
Are faucets hard to install? If you follow the aforementioned instructions then they really shouldn’t be. Our guide on how to fit tub faucets is well worth a look ahead of the fitting. Although specific to bathtub faucet fittings, it follows many of the same principles as other faucet installs.
If you aren’t confident completing the job yourself, you’re likely to wonder who installs faucets? We recommend enlisting the services of a local plumbing professional in this case. Costs should be relatively low given the nature of the task at hand.