There are many circumstances that coincide to determine the ideal installation spot for bathroom faucets. Look out for the following elements to help you identify the perfect place for your bathroom faucets.
- The position of your current pipework and plumbing. What good is a brand new bathroom faucet if it isn’t fully operational?
- How big your new bathroom faucet is. Are there multiple components and more than one handle?
- What sort of design your bathroom faucet features. Is it wall-mounted, deck-mounted or freestanding?
- Your existing bathroom layout. Where to your fixtures and fittings necessitate the positioning of the sink and accompanying bathroom faucets?
- Whereabouts the main ‘hero’ bathroom features are housed, and their design properties. Will the shower enclosure or bathtub have a massive impact on where your bathroom faucets can be fitted?
Take your time to make the right call. It’s always an exciting time commencing with home upgrades, and the purchase of new bathroom faucets is no exception. But they often represent a significant purchase, so it’s best to take your time to come to the right decision.
Special care needs to be taken to ensure your bathroom faucet installation is completed properly, and to the best possible effect. Consider aesthetics, your ease of use, accessibility and convenience.
The surrounding bathroom area must be scrutinized prior to the fitting of your bathroom faucets. You might be planning to paint the walls behind your sink, or commence with a re-tiling? It will be much easier to get these tasks out of the way before your new faucets are installed.
Plumbing and pipework are other standout bathroom elements that are essential to consider when installing new bathroom faucets. If you don’t want to adjust the placement of these existing fittings, it is recommended to record accurate measurements early on to save you plenty of hassle moving forwards. Just mark down the distance between your new and current bathroom faucets. Then, when it comes to replacing the bathroom faucets, it should be a simple task to swap new for old.
Is it difficult to install bathroom faucets? The process isn’t too complicated, and can be further simplified by following the guidelines mentioned earlier in this article. If a bathtub faucet fitting is to occur, our guide on how to fit tub faucets is key reading for more detailed instructions.
But if you aren’t entirely confident you can complete your bathroom faucet installation yourself, don’t risk it! Enlist the services of a professional plumber to complete the job. Don’t forget to factor their fee into your budget, though!