Creating a traditional bathroom provides the perfect way to achieve a look that will stand the test of time well into the future. Traditional bathrooms should evoke a feeling of charm and nostalgia and at Hudson Reed we have an array of products that are ideal for achieving just this. Our top tips will help you to create a traditional bathroom that’s full of charm and character.
A beautiful traditional shower will provide your bathroom with a stunning feature as well as create a timeless and elegant look. Traditional showers at Hudson Reed are available in a variety of designs to suit your tastes and each one has been manufactured to the highest of standards to ensure long lasting durability.
Our exposed traditional thermostatic shower valve is not only easy to operate but looks classy and stylish too. Constructed from solid brass with a chrome plated finish this traditional shower valve features an anti-scald device for total peace of mind when showering. Complete the look with the Victorian Grand rigid riser and shower kit.
Traditional hydronic towel warmers
A must-have in any traditional bathroom, a traditional hydronic towel warmer won’t just provide you with the luxury of warm, dry towels but enhances the overall look and feel of the room too.
If possible install a hydronic towel warmer as close to the shower or bath tub as you can to save you from having to walk across the bathroom to grab your towel.
Traditional hydronic towel warmers are available in a range of sizes and styles including simple bar style designs and towel warmers with white and even black panel inserts. We especially love the black Marquis traditional hydronic towel warmer, which is great for bringing a touch of modern style to a classic look.
When choosing faucets for your traditional bathroom opt for crosshead handles with ceramic detailing for an authentic look. Traditional tub faucets with shower mixers such as the Bloomsbury look stunning when combined with roll top bath tubs, plus the shower kit will come in really useful too.
Provide those all-important finishing touches to your traditional bathroom with the Hudson Reed Victorian accessories. The Victorian luxury bathroom essentials pack contains everything you require to enhance the traditional style, including a towel ring, robe hook, soap dish, towel rail and ceramic tumbler.
More top tips
- Why not create an elegant air in your traditional bathroom by introducing a quirky floral armchair, which is also perfect for injecting some gentle color.
- For a stunning focal point install a freestanding roll top bath tub in the middle of the bathroom.
- White window shutters and wall panelling add to the traditional style, and pale blue walls create extra interest.
- Glam up your bathroom with metallic finishes and mix them up, from a soft sheen to highly polished.
- Double up on basins to help ease the morning rush hour in the bathroom.
- Add individuality by choosing a classic floor pattern for a decorative touch and introduce pretty jars, bottles and ornaments for extra character.